We are a collective of history writers who look upon the policies and behavior of President Trump and his administration with deep concern and trepidation.
In addition to our personal beliefs and political sentiments, our apprehensions are also tied to our study and research of history and the oft-stated but undeniable knowledge that without an understanding of history, we are doomed to repeat it.
Our goal in creating and contributing to this blog is twofold:
- To resist the policies and actions of President Trump and his administration that we view as, among other things, infringing on human rights, violating the Constitution of the United States of America, and contradicting the principles on which our country was founded.
- Doing the above by contextualizing what is currently happening at the highest levels of our government with our knowledge of historical people and events across all time periods and nations. In the process, we hope to create a contemporaneous record of events as they happen.
Our contributors are:
- Helen Azar (Contributor): BA in Communications, Brooklyn College; MS in Biochemistry, SUNY at Buffalo; MLIS, Rutgers University. Translator, researcher, librarian, author, website administrator.
- Ken Cuthbertson (Contributor):BA in religious studies, M.Div., Ph.D. in History of Christianity with sub-emphases in biblical studies and in world religions. Presbyterian minister (PCUSA), instructor in an ecumenical religious studies program, researcher and author.
- Marlene Koenig (Contributor): Academic librarian, internationally recognized expert on British and European royalty, especially the descendants of Queen Victoria, historical researcher and author of several books.
- Victoria Martínez (Founder, Admin, Editor and Contributor): B.S. and M.S. in Communications and Media; former public relations professional; researcher and author.
- Ilana Miller (Contributor): BA in Music History and an MA in American History. Teaches American History at Pepperdine University. Editor of The European Royal History Journal. Author of several books and various articles of Civil War and royal history.
- Penny Wilson (Editor and Contributor): B.A.s in History, Russian Language and German Language from University of California; former editor of Atlantis Magazine; co-author of five books with Greg King.